Today in Heritage History, August 16, 1913, the Tohoku Imperial University of Japan, (now called Tohoku University) becomes the first Medical College in the country to accept women into their program. Of Special note however is that Tohoku University was the same Medical College whose Research Team had earlier determined that 40% of the Japanese population had “cataracts”. They concluded their research by acknowledging that the remaining 60% drove Toyota’s and Honda’s.

Advertisements